snapshot and animation capture

-hh hh at livecode.org
Fri Jan 29 09:57:30 EST 2016

Hi,

I've made a stack for the Raspi collection, that does the following:

Creates a *resizable* rectangle frame (window shape of a non-opaque rectangle), currently set as systemWindow. You can drag that around the screen and trigger a small button on the frame. Then a screenshot of the visible interior of the frame is made and saved as PNG. You can open and view these 'shots' in the stack, if it is switched to non-window-shaped.

It's all "intermediate" Livecode, runs on Mac/Win/Linux and is fast enough on a Raspi. On Win/Linux resizing "flickers", you may play there with the 'update-beat' (currently 4 ticks), but it works.

I didn't publish it until now, because "window-shaping" is currently/not yet possible in the available Raspi IDE's or standalones.

If this is (partly) what you want, then I'll post it (or a link to it) in a few hours in the sub-forum "Rich Media". Just tell me.

Hermann