One Rect For All specificaiton

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 26 15:17:39 EST 2016

On 1/26/2016 12:00 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

> As for 3:2… that’s a new one on me… got any real number pixel
 > dimensions for that one?

There's a chart here:
<http://rusticode.com/2014/01/11/handling-resolutions-and-aspect-ratio-of-common-mobile-devices-for-web-application-and-game-development/>

> So I think we really need to be sure the screenRect function is
> getting accurately reported on all devices… It certainly is not in
> the iOS simulator running from xCode.  Theoretically
>
> put the effective screenRect into tRect set the bottom of grp
> “baseControls” to item 4 of tRect
>
> should work. Can anyone else test this on varioius devices and report
> back? My Nexus 5 is 16 x9 so I can’t see/text any other scenario
> here.

It's working as expected. By default, LC reports the screenrect as
logical points rather than pixels, unless you set the
iPhoneUseDeviceResolution to true. The dictionary says that setting only
works on iOS though, not on Android, where pixel mapping always occurs.
Since it's not cross-platform I avoid it.

> @ Jacqueline & Roger: Are either of you using the screenRect for any
> positioning methods on your Android apps?

Not since fullscreenMode was implemented. But (I think) "the width of
this cd" or "the bottom of this cd" can work instead of absolute pixels,
since the engine will calculate where those are relative to the current
display.

We could really use a good tutorial about all this. It confuses
everybody except Colin... Let's make him write it. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com