exits on suspend (was Re: Davos Day 3)

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Jan 26 11:20:38 EST 2016

Aha - interesting indeed.  Thanks Thierry.

TBH, until I checked today I didn't know that there was this option to have it
NOT exit on suspend, so I've already coded a solution for the app I'm
currently playing with, to save state on shutdown, and retrieve on startup,
which works for me.  So I'm probably better off leaving it that way for now,
but it's good to know some choices exist.

With your external, would the app get a notification if iOS decided to purge
it altogether after it had first been suspended? Or does that no longer happen
with current iOS, i.e. it saves the state of all suspended apps?

best,

Ben