[BUG] write to file

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:34:27 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:
>

> > put "Log entry data" after URL ("file:" &>
>      specialFolderPath("documents") & tLogFileName)
>
> When using the statement above, is the engine clever enough to use an
> append operation for that, or does it seek to the end of the file before
> writing?

Resolved Bug 383 might be of interest to you - but I can't find where the
'feature request is at:

Scott Raney <scott at runrev.com> 2003-10-06 18:46:02 BST

Correct: I think he's confusing the URL version (which does rewrite the file),
with "open for append", which does not.  Optimizing the URL version ("put

after") is already on the feature-request list.