mobile acceleration/rotation

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:44:51 EST 2016

On Jan 14, 2016, at 6:06 AM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> So if the device is vertical at rest (y=-1), and falls down vertically, it won't register any acceleration because it's already measuring the maximum in that axis?
>
> In short, it's static acceleration rather than dynamic acceleration, is that correct?

I think it's just plain acceleration, measured by the force exerted on a sensor in each of three directions. Remember that Einstein discovered out that gravity is indistinguishable from acceleration, in other words, the reading of y=1 is what you would get if you were in space and accelerating at 1g along the y axis.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig