Message watcher in LC 8

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jan 14 19:27:18 EST 2016

I'm trying to use the Message Watcher in LC 8 (currently using DP9).

I get a continuous loop of a number of messages, even when nothing is
being done, which makes it hard to get any useful info.
Is there something I need to do in LC8 to avoid this (other than
suppress each of these messages).

(btw - rant - why can't I copy/paste from the message watcher output
field !!! )

The messages in question are
   openstack
     respondToFrontScript
       respondToFrontScript_openstack
         stackToBeExcluded
           getPreference
           isIDEStack
           getPreference
   openstack
     respondToFrontScript
       respondToFrontScript_openstack
         stackToBeExcluded
           getPreference
           isIDEStack
           getPreference
and on and on and on ....

But, if I click on "Suppress..." in the Message Watcher, then (after
about a minute's delay while it catches up with outputting all these
looping messages :-(, followed by Cancel, these messages cease.

Until the next time I change which stack has focus (or something ??)
when the "loop" starts again.

Thanks for any suggestions
-- Alex