Widgets Disappear in DP13

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Thu Jan 14 18:10:28 EST 2016

On 2016-01-14 22:46, James Little wrote:
> Using 8.0 DP13 on a Mac, a Tree View widget and a Browser widget
> disappear when the app is saved and then re-opened in the IDE.  I’ve
> just confirmed this with a new test stack.  I saw this yesterday in
> the regular app that I’m working on.  The widgets are no longer
> present in the Project Browser either.

Hmm, yes, this sounds like it's probably my bug -- I think your stack
might be getting saved in 7.0 stack format, which doesn't know how to
store widgets.

Could you please file a bug report with the steps to reproduce (and the
affected stack, if possible?)

As a workaround, you could try using:

     save the mousestack with newest format

in the message box (with your mouse over the stack in question) to force
it to be saved in 8.0 stack format.

                                        Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>