Getting Finder results into LiveCode

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:53:04 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 12:44 AM, Peter M. Brigham <pmbrig at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Plus a whole lot more.
>
> for instance, summon Alfred, type ">"  then enter a shell command, and it
> sends the command to Terminal. \

Oh, now you're talking! I love the way I can look up a Dictionary
definition or do a quick arithmetic calculation in Spotlight. Use it
constantly. Spotlight can't send Terminal commands, and that is a feature I
could get use to very quickly!

Of course in Terminal you can carry out a Spotlight style search by using
mdfind with the big difference that instead of being limited to the top 20
or 30 most relevant hits, you get everything. And if you want file paths,
you've got them.

mdfind livecode

mdfind -count livecode