Figuring out if something is on the current screen, or getting the current screen rect

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:24:52 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>
wrote:

> There is no notion of a current screen in the OS itself. Do you mean which
> screen the frontmost window is in? And what do you mean by "In"? A window
> can overlap two or more screens. Typically if you double click the title
> bar of a window, the window will maximize on the screen the mouse is in.

I'm trying to pop another stack with selections over an object from that
object's handler.  My concern is the popup going over the top or bottom.
 (There's a secondary left/right issue, too, but the top/bottom is the big
issue))

So something like

on mouseOver

lock screen

palette stack "choose" at the screenLoc of me

do some magic to keep it on screen

end mouseOver

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.