Getting Finder results into LiveCode

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 07:24:46 EST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 1:45 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> Every build I do is in a named folder with all build files inside,
> including the LiveCode source stack. I end up with dozens of source stacks
> with the same names.
>
> Ahh, now I understand why the path is so important to you.

> If you haven't done a Finder search lately, try this:
>
> ...but if you choose "Other" you can add more filters by selecting them.

I venture into the Finder's search window whenever I'm looking for the
proverbial needle, ie a Pages, rtf or text document created the summer of
'09, or was it '08 which is at least 8 pages long but less than 15 - no
idea of the name but the content would have included the word 'cheese'.
That's all way too hard to type into Spotlight!

Spotlight, great when you know exactly what you are looking for, Finder
search perfect when you need to collect, filter, sort, pick and choose.

if you write a Spotlight plugin for your Back to the Future stack we'll all

be able to do a Spotlight search for the Stacks we are going to create

'next week'. :-)

Now that I can certainly do. I will have done it, in fact.

date:next week

Ah yes Spotlight tells me I have a reminder to thank you yesterday for the
stack you created today based on work you start tomorrow ;-)