Does user have network connection?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Jan 11 19:00:25 EST 2016

What I do is shell out and telnet to the server I am trying to communicate with. Unfortunately this is not reliable for Windows, as Microsoft no lonegr enables the Telnet client by default. Instead you can use ping to a known internet server. Google responds to pings, but it could change in the future. You might try having 3 servers you ping before you fail.

Bob S