mySQL Host access

Lyn Teyla lyn.teyla at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 19:17:21 EST 2016

Peter Haworth wrote:

> Is this common practice when accessing mySQL on a host server?  If so, is
> there a better way to set about accessing a mySQL database in these
> circumstances, perhaps using php scripts on the server instead of accessing
> the db directly with the LC database functions?

One of my hosting providers HostM.com has been offering a free LiveCode-based MariaDB/MySQL API solution. It was previously available only to clients who needed this setup.

I told them about the widespread interest in the LiveCode community for such a solution, and they’ve kindly made their API demo available for free download by any LiveCode developer.

You can download it at:

https://www.hostm.com/tutorials/livecode/api-mariadb-mysql

Hope this helps!

Lyn