HTML5 update: why it is slow?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Jan 6 18:25:09 EST 2016

> On 7 Jan 2016, at 9:01 am, Peter TB Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> It remains to be seen whether I can figure out how do that. ;-)

Personally I’d rather you declare force majeure on wait for HTML5 and apply your considerable talents to implementing non-blocking versions of everything. Wait et al causes issues all over the place, is usually the least efficient way of doing things and the end result is almost always a poor user experience. Given the choice of a little bit of extra coding work implementing callbacks but with the side benefit that users won’t be sitting there wondering what’s going on and an engine that’s either 22x faster or half the size (both of which are critical issues for HTML5) what do you think people would choose?

For reference: http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=18719 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=18719>

Cheers

Monte