Math question

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 19:25:05 EST 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Peter Bogdanoff <bogdanoff at me.com> wrote:

> I tried both solutions, and I’m going with K.C.’s solution at the
> present—it was easy to understand :)
>
> Hermann’s seems to allow for more flexibility, and I might need that after
> user testing.
>
> My suggestion is you understand my solution because it's in long hand and
just the basics. As you see Hermann's offers  more flexibility and some
features I did off screen to not complicate things for you. What you could
do is slowly work through Hermann's solution and expand it out in long hand
so each element (feature) is easily understandable for you. When you've
done that you'll then understand what Hermann's function is doing for you,
so you can then use Hermann's.

The most important step though, is as you work you way through expanding
Hermann's function, each step of the way just leave it in your script and
comment it out. The biggest problem you'll have is if a year down the track
if you need to come back to this and all you've got is Hermann's function
it wont mean anything to you. On the other hand if you've got a bunch of
code and notes that have all been commented out which step through the
process of my basic start and leads you all the way to Hermann's solution,
then this will jog your memory and help with any further tweaks you may
need.