Cursor changes to a hand in the ide

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Feb 25 16:53:33 EST 2016

On 02/25/2016 12:44 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> On 02/25/2016 11:16 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Jim Byrnes wrote:
>>  > At the point the problem occurred I hadn't written a line of code.
>>  > I had dropped a label control on the card and expanded it's size.
>>  > Then I dropped 2 radio buttons inside the boundaries of the of the
>>  > label. I was renaming them and changing the label text when the
>>  > problem occurred.

I also can't replicate your problem, but I'm curious about what you were
trying to accomplish here... dropping radio buttons "inside the
boundaries of the label" will place them in front of the label (I'm not
going to get into the religious war of whether they're "above" or
"under" the label in the message path), but they're otherwise not
connected with the label.

I do find it buggy that if I follow your procedure and then click on the
label text to select the large-border label, I am then unable to select
the buttons, even though they are in front of the label, without first
clicking somewhere else to deselect the label field. I'll file a bug on
that one.

As far as the cursor changing to a hand, it sounds like you've entered
Browse mode instead of Edit mode. I don't use the tool palette myself,
but I think there may be a control-key sequence that toggles between the
modes, and you may have accidentally triggered that. In PowerTools the
sequence is control-tab, so you might give that a try.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com