DataGrid

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Thu Feb 25 09:56:19 EST 2016

> On 25 Feb 2016, at 14:30, Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think this is the case. Widgets provide (or at least will provide)
> an excellent platform for building out a custom control like a Widget.

I am not sure precisely how Livecode builder works in comparison to the live code script engine but

I assume they both compile to byte code.

Is the byte code produced by LCB much faster to execute than the byte code produced by the scripting engine?

I presume (probably incorrectly) that the scripting engine produces byte code when the script is first called whereas

LCB produces byte code when the widget is compiled?

Does this mean that after the first compile the script engine byte code is just as efficient as LCB?

All the best

Terry