leap to future

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Feb 24 17:29:39 EST 2016

On 24/02/2016 22:15, stephen barncard wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <
> brahma at hindu.org> wrote:
>
>> But it is my understanding that  we can deploy HTML5 from community "for
>> free" assuming that we do not need to lock up the code.
>>

> I don't think the OSS folks get HTML5. If they did, then I would have it in
> my 'Indy' license... ( I really don't like that term )

The "OSS folks" do indeed "get HTML5".

You can currently use the GPL-licensed engine to deploy GPL-licensed
HTML5 apps at no cost, and it's all available in the open source edition
build of LiveCode.

If you want to deploy apps under any other open- or closed-source
copyright license, then you need to have a current HTML5 deployment license.

                                    Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team