DataGrid

Clarence P Martin chipsm at themartinz.com
Wed Feb 24 14:53:00 EST 2016

This to me is a most intriguing tool.
I think that this tool should be one of the most important tools available. But it is also very mysterious to me. I have tried to analyze the “How to use” aspects of this tool and when I mention this tool to other users they just kind of look at me, almost as though I am speaking a foreign language. I have yet found anyone who can completely explain “How this tool works or how to use it”.
My problem is, I am a very immersive user and I need to know how things work. This allows me to get the most out of anything that I use. I am also assuming that this is supposed to be a “Data Centric” tool which is very important to certain applications.
I am hoping that this tool is high on the list of “near future” widgets and will eventually be less cryptic. I have seen the tutorials on the LiveCode site  and I am still trying to completely understand the tool.
If the author of this tool reads this list, I am hoping for some help and insight on using this tool.
Also, in LiveCode 8 I do not see any way to implement putting contents into the DataGrid.

Sincerely,

Clarence Martin
Email: chipsm at themartinz.com