Cursor changes to a hand in the ide

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Wed Feb 24 11:50:57 EST 2016

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I am running the Community Edition vers 7.1.1 Build 10048 on Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> I am just getting started with Livecode and was laying out the gui for my first little project.  I'm not sure what I did but the cursor changed to the hand pointer and now I can no longer work with any of my controls. Most of the menu items are greyed out but I could select quit. When I did that I was allowed to save my work, but when I opened it back up I still could not get rid of the hand pointer. Clicking on the run tool or edit tool does nothing.
>
> Do any of you experienced people have any idea what I could have done to cause this and how I can get back to normal operations?

Hi Jim,

First of all, welcome to Livecode. My response may not be very useful, but I will give it a go. I do not do much work in Linux that requires me to use the UI. But, I would check that you are not setting the pointer yourself with ‘choose’ command: e.g. 'choose browse tool’ or ‘choose pointer tool’.

Also, check for ‘set the cursor to watch’ or some other shape. This would be wrapped with a ‘lock cursor’ and ‘unlock cursor’.

If you are not using any of these commands, it is probably a bug in the IDE not handling these commands internally.  The IDE itself is written in Livecode.

Should this turn out to be a bug, please feel free to write a bug report to Livecode:  http://quality.livecode.com <http://quality.livecode.com/>
It will require you to make an account, but it is pretty easy.

Hopefully, some regular user of Livecode on Linux will chime in with more experience.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://www.livecloud.io/>
canelasoftware.com <http://www.canelasoftware.com/>