LCB library tutorials?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Feb 24 05:09:00 EST 2016

On 23/02/2016 19:36, Stephen MacLean wrote:
> Looking to see if anyone has put up a tutorial for making an LCB library extension?
>
> I’ve been able to find Trevor Devore’s url_parser lib on github, but haven’t seen much else.
>
> If no tutorials, can someone describe the differences that need to be changed from widget to library?

Hi Stephen,

You can look at the JSON Library extension that we ship with LiveCode 8
as an example of an LCB library.  The source code is here on GitHub:

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/extensions/libraries/json/json.lcb

Basically, you declare the module as a "library" instead of a "widget".

All "public" handlers are then added to the LiveCode message path, after
everything else.

That's it!

                                     Peter

--