[ANN] Release 8.0.0 DP 15

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon Feb 22 10:24:06 EST 2016

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.0.0 DP 15.

Developer Preview Release
=========================
Warning: this is not a stable release.  Please ensure you back up your
stacks before testing them.

*IMPORTANT*: It is especially vital that you back up your stacks before
testing them in 8.0 DP 15, as there has been a change to the save
command in DP 13. The IDE has been updated to accommodate this change,
but we strongly recommend making back-ups in case there is unforeseen
data loss.

*IMPORTANT*: Your stacks may appear different on first opening in 8.0 DP
15, due to the improvement in desktop OS theming introduced in DP 14.
The theming can be reverted to legacy on a per-object basis using the
new "theme" property. For more information, see the release notes.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or
via the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================
64-bit Mac OS X deployment
--------------------------
You can now deploy apps as Mac OS X 64-bit programs.  See the "Mac
Deployment Guide" in the IDE for more information.

Better control editing
----------------------
The outline and handles of selected control are now shown on the top
layer, even if other controls are on top of it.

Multiple fonts in HTML5 standalones
-----------------------------------
You can now include and use your own fonts in HTML5 standalones.

Default scripts for widgets
---------------------------
Widget developers can now provide a default script.  It's used to
initialise the widget's script the first time the user edits the widget
in the script editor.

...and 45 bug fixes!

Known issues
============
* Windows 10 theming causes display issues with the dictionary, script
editor and property inspector

* CEF Browser (and therefore the dictionary and browser widget) does not
currently work on 32-bit Linux

* HTML5 standalones do not currently work when they contain extensions
with dependencies

* 64-bit standalones for Mac OS X do not have support for audio
recording or the revVideoGrabber external

Feedback
========
LiveCode 8 is still in development, so we'd love to hear any feedback
you have on it.  There are a number of features that we'd like to
implement but aren't ready yet, and the existing features are subject to
change during development - we can't guarantee that extensions written
in Developer Previews will continue to work the same way in later versions.

Please report any bugs encountered on our Bugzilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

Have fun!

The LiveCode Team