put url into binfile failure

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Feb 20 23:21:22 CET 2016


On 02/20/2016 02:01 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> I hopefully won’t be able to reproduce this, so I’m just mentioning it in case anyone else had seen the same thing.
>
> Was working on something for  awhile today, that amongst other things saves a web based image to a local file. On these lines:
> put url "https://livecode.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/lclogo1.png" into url("binfile:test.png")
>
> Everything was going fine, but then I started to get zero byte sized files. At first I thought my scripts had gone wrong, but eventually I just tried things in the message box, and they failed there too.
>
> Restarting LiveCode 8.0 dp14 fixed the issue.

Interesting. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but I've been dealing with 
a similar issue here... rename a stack, save it to a url, rename the 
stack again, and the saved stack on disk now has the new name. I think 
it's a cacheing problem, because restarting the IDE fixes it.


-- 
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com



More information about the use-livecode mailing list