Web Browser in LC 8

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Feb 20 07:40:40 EST 2016

On Friday, February 19, 2016, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <brahma at hindu.org>
wrote:

> Is the Browser widget in LC 8 ready for production?

Not in do-14. On Windows the browser doesn't scale properly on hi-dpi
displays and it doesn't always behave. There are a number of fixes coming
in DP-15 though. I'm trying to put a private beta out next week that uses
the browser and it looks like DP-15 will have the fixes needed.

> I was considering continuing development in our latest app project in LC8
> DP 14.. but this may be premature.
>
> I dragged out a browser widget, set the URL in the props inspector and
> nothing happened.

You have to switch to the browse tool to see the contents of the browser.
Did you try that?

--
Trevor DeVore