Programmatically determine the average greyscale

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Feb 19 00:29:35 EST 2016

Ha! I figured this out just before seeing this email..this is a match for Scott Rossi's method, which is right from the dictionary on ImageData

on mouseUp

put (39 * 4 * 205 ) into tRowsToSkip # takes us down the pixel map 39 rows
put tRowsToSkip + (39 *4) +2 into tRedTarget # now we are in the 40th pix for left red value
put tRowsToSkip + (39 *4) +3 into tGreenTarget
put tRowsToSkip + (39 *4) +4 into tBlueTarget

put charToNum(char tRedTarget of the imageData of image id 1110) into tRed
put charToNum (char tGreenTarget of the imageData of image id 1110) into tGreen
put charToNum(char tBlueTarget of the imageData of image id 1110) into tBlue

put (tRed &"," & tGreen &"," & tBlue)
end mouseUp

Svasti Astu! Be Well

Brahmanathaswami