Help using database & data conversion

tkuypers at telenet.be tkuypers at telenet.be
Tue Feb 16 15:28:09 EST 2016

After 2 nights I give up!!!
Even though I can’t, I must fix this :-(

I’m using LiveCode Community 7.1.2 (rc 1) on a Mac.

I have a database setup in mySQL, from which I need to retrieve data and insert it into a local SQLite database.
Both the online and local databases are setup the same, but store UTF-8 data

In one of the fields in a mySQL database there is the word “bacteriën”.

When I use
	put textDecode(revDataFromQuery(,,dbID, vSQL),"UTF8") into vData
to retrieve the data from the mySQL database, vData contains “bacterin"

When I use
	put textEncode(revDataFromQuery(,,dbID, vSQL),"UTF8") into vData
to retrieve the data from the mySQL database, vData contains “bacteriÎn"

When I use
	put revDataFromQuery(,,dbID, vSQL) into vData
to retrieve the data from the mySQL database, vData contains binary data

When I enter the word “bacteriën” manually in the local database, I can retrieve it without any problems, but I just can’t get it in there using the regular database functions :-(

Anyone? please? How do I get the correct data in my local database?

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Warm Regards,

Ton Kuypers
+32 (0) 477 739 530

Steenweg op Leopoldsburg 100 • B-2490 • Balen • Belgium
www.publishingtools4u.com