sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Feb 14 18:51:45 EST 2016
use-livecode-owner at lists.runrev.com schrieb:
> Your mail to 'use-livecode' with the subject
> Re: Licensing Problems
> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> The reason it is being held:
> Message body is too big: 134636 bytes with a limit of 30 KB
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel
> this posting, please visit the following URL:
I have deleted the embedded image of my original post and resend the
mail by including the text of the image instead of the graphic.
Here is my original post:
> These licensing problems have been discussed and investigated on
> Bugzilla since December 16, 2015, or even earlier.
> It would be a good idea for you to join the discussion about bugs
> 16602 (<http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16602>)
> and 16468 (<http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16468>)
> to direct more attention to these licensing and re-licensing problems.
> At present only 2 or 5 Livecode users participate.
> The problems IMHO are most likely caused by an inadequate code used to
> control the validity of licenses under the new subscription-based
> marketing model that prevents the building of closed-source
> applications once a license has expired.
> I experienced different kinds of such licensing problems which I have
> described in my contributions to the bug reports.
> Here is an example that I also discussed with Customer Support:
>> During the discussion about the two bugs I tried to get an
>> offline-licensing file for LC 6.7.8 for testing purposes (I informed
>> you about this.) and observed that my personal Livecode account had
>> been tampered with - without any prior information - very much
>> restricting the access to files under my Commercial license. You
>> responded to my question with the rather "cryptic" information that
>> my two licenses had been "merged", but never explaining explicitly
>> why and how this could have been necessary and what consequences this
>> would entail. You did also *not* respond to my request to correct the
>> entries for my Commercial license (clearly still running until August
>> 15 this year), and there is also no correction from your side
>> following a second and third request.
>> In January the countdown for my Commercial 6.7.8 licence began, which
>> ended - see the image below - on Jan 28.
Text of the deleted image:
"LIVECODE License File Expiring
Your current license file is about to expire.
Please connect your computer to the internet to fetch a new license file.
0 days remaining"
Date of the snapshot: Jan 28, 2016.
> This was strange as I have got a Commercial license still running
> until August 15, 2016, but according to Support my two licenses (Indy
> and Commercial) had been somehow "merged" - thereby restricting my
> access to Commercial licensing files to versions 6.1.3 and lower.
> After several urgent requests to correct the data of my personal
> Livecode account the data have been finally corrected this week -
> after waiting for a month - with the interesting result that I have
> atually now got *two* Commercial licenses. I will not go into details
> about these 2 commercial licenses, but the background is like this:
> Reacting to the intense "Indy-lock-in-the-price"-campaign by Kevin I
> subscribed to a new Indy license in July 2015.- I was in no need of
> special extra benefits at that time; as my present Commercial licence
> was still running for another year. My intention at that point was
> simply to support the maintenance, development, and improvement of
> LiveCode in the same way as before with my contributions to the
> Kickstarter campaign in 2013. My new Indy license would then be valid
> - after the expiration of my Commercial license on August 15, 2016 -
> from August 2016 to August 2018.
> Apparently the fact of two consecutive licenses caused problems for
> Support, probably because the co-existing of two licenses could not be
> adequately reflected within the framework (layout and programming?)
> of personal Livecode accounts. At least there was an indication of
> this sort of problems in a feedback from Support. Support then solved
> the problem by "merging" my two consecutive licenses, but causing at
> the same time the troubles I have reported above - and without
> explaining what this "merging" would entail and why this "merging"
> should be necessary.
> Shortly before the data of my personal Livecode account had been
> corrected this week, I have now cancelled my new extra Indy license
> with the main intention to help "de-merge" the entangled Indy and
> Commercial licenses. Cleverbridge has meanwhile verified the
> cancellation of the Indy license, and Livecode is at present
> contemplating how (and if) they could refund the sum of 534 which I
> paid for the Indy license running from August 2016 to August 2018.
> After the expiration of my original Commercial license valid until
> August 15, 2016, I will be using the Community versions. I do not
> exclude the possibility that I would be interested to purchase a new
> Indy license somewhere in the future, provided the quality and
> stability of the Livecode versions will have increased markedly.
> Kind regards,
> Wilhelm Sanke
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
More information about the Use-livecode