is find or offset with wildcards possible?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Feb 10 04:10:35 EST 2016

Hello,

I want to set links in a text by script. My idea was to mark all links with
a not used char at the start and end, like "~This is a link text#". After
setting the links I could remove the tags or replace them by a transparent
image.

I have looked for a find or offset syntax with wildcards, to get easily the
offset of all links, like offset("~*#",myText,lastOffset), but I only found
the approach to loop thru the chars of the text and get with offset the
start and end tags, get the right pairs, what can be tricky, and set the
links.

Did I oversee anything or isn't there a wildcard syntax for find or offset?

Thanks

Tiemo