calling Livecode from other languages

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Fri Feb 5 01:28:39 EST 2016

> On 5 Feb 2016, at 5:20 PM, Matt Maier <blueback09 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So there isn't any special standalone option to compile a *.livecode file
> into a command line app like *.exe. I just compile a standalone for the
> appropriate system, somehow get rid of the GUI, and tell it how to
> read/write STDIN/STDOUT?
>
> Is that as simple as compiling a script-only stack into a standalone, or
> maybe setting the visible of the mainstack to false?

The way to get rid of the GUI is use the -ui command line option. It would be nice if command line app were an option in standalone settings and we didn’t need to use -ui. As script only stacks don’t retain custom properties between sessions and the standalone settings are saved as custom properties I expect it would get a bit tedious to use a script only stack as the standalone mainstack…. not that I’ve tested to see if it works. The main annoyance other than -ui is extracting the binary from a mac app bundle but you can script that.