Release 8.0 DP 14

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Feb 4 21:20:03 EST 2016

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

 > On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> "Developer Preview" is not "Stable", but the purpose of a DP is to
 >> allow everyone the opportunity to make sure "Stable" is stable.
 >>
 >> So start testing with v8 today.
 >>
 >> LC is both broad and deep.  Testing a new engine version with your
 >> specific project is the only way to ensure that version will meet
 >> your project's specific needs.
 >>

 > Time is an issue here; that's why I'm paying for a commercial product.
 >
 > I've already reduced my law practice to accommodate this; adding
 > testing time for the ext version (with a different file format) would
 > mean cutting into the bone on my income; my kids need to eat.

Suit yourself.

I regard testing new software my business relies on as part of the
ongoing cost of developing and maintaining my products.

You know better than most that given the combinatorial explosion of
possible syntax and feature options that it's not possible for anyone
but you to test the specific combinations your software relies on.

The rest of us will do some of your testing for you in the course of
testing our own work, and if you're in a gambling mood you're free to
bet on the possibility that how we use LC is exactly the same as how you
use it.

Personally, I wouldn't take that bet myself, but I'm not much of a gambler.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems