Can't Get LC Server to fire

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Feb 4 17:00:13 EST 2016

A bit OT because this seems to be something to do with the web server config

for CGI that runs livecode-community-server  (Linux 64 on Ubuntu 14) we typically use a full path to the engine like this if the script is inside the cgi-bin

#!/home/htoday/cgi-bin/livecode-community-server
put the keys of $_SERVER into tCGIVars
    repeat for each line x in tCGIVars
        put x & ": " &  $_SERVER[x] & ("<br />"& cr) after tGlobals
    end repeat
put "Hello, Livecode Server is Up and Running" & "<br />" & tGlobals

inside the public_html folder you use the .htaccess method  fo setting the actions

AddHandler livecode-script .lc
Action livecode-script /cgi-bin/livecode-community-server

<?lc
put the keys of $_SERVER into tCGIVars
    repeat for each line x in tCGIVars
        put x & ": " &  $_SERVER[x] & ("<br />"& cr) after tGlobals
    end repeat
put "Hello, Livecode Server is Up and Running" & "<br />" & tGlobals

same result… I use this for testing new installs and server upgrades

I just installed Livecode server on our Hinduism Today cloud instance at linode which is running the same version of Ubuntu/apache as our Himalayan Academy site… also on a Linode cloud instance..

But as you can see the engine is no being triggered here:

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/cgi-bin/echo.lc

Nor on public_html

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/echo.lc

The requested URL /cgi-bin/livecode-community-server/echo.lc was not found on this server.

but it works here:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/cgi-bin/echo.lc
from public-html
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/echo.lc

exact same script; exact same version of the server, permissions are all an exact match on both instances.  I don’t see anything specific in the httpd directive for the HA site where it works vs the Hinduism Today httpd directives.

clue:

I get the same problem using bash

http://hinduismtoday.com/cgi-bin/full_usage.cgi

and, I faced and solved this once before but did not document it.. ouch

BR