Launching a PDF file stored within a desktop app

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Wed Feb 3 18:50:33 EST 2016

Charles,

Check out:

launch url

or…

launch [documentPath with] applicationPath

in the dictionary

example script…

on mouseUp
   put the effective fileName of this stack into tPdf
   set the itemDel to slash
   delete item -1 of tPdf
   put "/Support/Instructions.pdf" after tPdf
   launch tPdf with "/Applications/Preview.app"
end mouseUp

…works for me in a standalone if you add a folder ‘Support' containing the ‘Instructions.pdf' in the ‘Copy Files’ pane of the ’Standalone Application Settings’. For this to work in the IDE, make sure the ‘Support’ folder is next to the Livecode stack.

Paul