Multiple Mobile Shutdown Messages?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Feb 3 08:51:12 EST 2016

On 2016-02-03 00:18, Scott Rossi wrote:
> Actually, openStack seems to work the same -- not sent after resuming
> from
> being backgrounded.  So several options to be had :-)

Yes - this should work for your purposes (if I understand your intent
correctly!).

At the moment...

If 'exits on suspend' is true then you will receive a startup message
when the app is launched, and then a shutdown message whenever the app
ceases to be foreground. The app will essentially restart entirely each
time the user goes back to it.

If 'exits on suspend' is false then you will receive a startup message
when the app is launched, and then no other messages. When an app is
suspended, it will resume at exactly the same place it was before. If
the OS decides to kill it (or the user does), you won't get any
notification and it will relaunch from scratch (i.e. you'll get a
startup message again) next time.

So, in your case, if you get a startup message (which triggers the
openStack message) it means the app was either killed by the user or the
OS and so should start from the beginning; otherwise you can assume that
the app will be in the same place as it was before it was put into the
background and you need to do nothing.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps