AW: Re: Regex help needed...

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Feb 3 07:02:11 EST 2016

On 03/02/2016 11:53, Bernard Devlin wrote:
> Perl outperforms everything in that test. I've never assumed that LC's
> "perl compatiable regex library" is going to perform at the speed which
> actual Perl performs. I've always assumed that being "perl compatible" just
> meant that all syntactically-correct Perl regexs should run with LC's
> implementation, without needing any kind of change in how the regex is
> formatted.

To be precise, LiveCode uses the PCRE library, which is generally
considered to be the *definitive* implementation of Perl Compatible
Regular Expressions: http://www.pcre.org/.  There isn't a special
LiveCode-specific implementation of regular expressions involved.

                               Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team