Using [ Control "SomeImageName" ] VS [image "SomeImageName"]

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Feb 2 15:11:46 EST 2016

Ali (and Mark)

> I was just answering the question asked :-)

Heh.

> What I usually do (and what we generally do in the IDE) is get a target
> object's long ID, put it in a variable and use that for subsequent
> references. That way you only pay the (again, very small) performance
> penalty once per usage. Obviously YMMV, I would never blanket-recommend ANY
> optimisation strategy as these things are almost always specific to the use
> case.

Yes. Point taken. And, of course, I do the same.
My objection is to a blanket strategy to refer to object by numeric id.
No problems at all with storing an object's id or long id into a
variable and then using that variable for whatever fiendish scheme a
developer may come up with.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com