LC 8, "Selector" widget question/discussion

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Feb 2 09:35:18 EST 2016

On 02/02/2016 13:19, Klaus major-k wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > we have this new „Selector“ widget in LC 8.

Hi Klaus,

We currently do not plan to ship the "Selector" widget as one of the
built-in widgets in LiveCode 8.0.  I'll be removing it in a forthcoming
Developer Preview release.

We're focussing our widget efforts for the initial release of LiveCode 8
onto a small number of high-quality widgets, and we don't feel that the
"Selector" widget should be one of them.

Of course, that means that we are not planning to make any enhancements
to it.

However, don't let that stop you from taking the "Selector" widget's
source code and using it to build a new open source widget that does the
same thing, but better!

                                        Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>