Detect scroll activity (when LC is not frontmost)

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 12:24:06 EST 2016

While digging around for answers I came across something interesting..

>From windows vista and onward there is a program quser.exe located in
\windows\system32 that returns the current user state. From the command
line it shows
mike                  console             1  Active      none   12/16/2016
5:56 PM

I was going to test and see if it would show idle after a period of
inactivity (using a looping lc shell call) but heres the interesting
thing..  Lc can't see it.  At all.  Trying a shell call returns " is not
recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch
file.

I can change to the directory in shell and "dir" and there it is.  I can
run it from shell.

If I do a shell call shell("dir quser.exe") on that directory it says
"Directory of c:\windows\system" file not found.
If I get the files, it isn't there.

So my question is this.. What the heck is going on?  Its not a hidden or
system file, as far as I can tell its just a file sitting there like
normal.  Why can't lc see it?  (why can't the LC shell see it for that
matter)