Detect scroll activity (when LC is not frontmost)

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 11:08:20 EST 2016

Is this a windows only app? If so I have the beginnings of an idea. The
short version is inserting a scheduled task using schtask.exe that only
fires after a period of idle.  The task could be to simply write the time
to a file.  Perhaps after a couple of minutes of idle. Then you can have
your app check that file, and do the math to figure out how long the user
has been active since the last idle write.  If this works, it would remove
the need for checking the keys down, or scrolling or anything of that
nature.

Not sure yet if it will work, but I'll experiment some.