use-livecode Digest, Vol 159, Issue 30

Quentin Long cubist at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 07:18:29 EST 2016

sez hh:
> What you say is logically totally wrong.
Really. Did you read the sample code dunbarx posted? And if you read it, did you understand it? Please, inform me which rawKeyDown events a "do rawKeyDown" handler *will not* trap. As well, do clue me in to which rawKeyDown events will slip thru a "on rawKeyDown" handle which *does not* have a "pass rawKeyDown" statement in it.

> "DoScrollUpStuff" may of course easily be written such that Craig's
> script does the same as your script.
Of course. But it *wasn't explicitly written out*. And I was responding to *the sample code that was actually written*, as opposed to… say… making unsupported assumptions about *other* code that *could* have been written. Personally, I find that dealing with the code that's *actually there* tends to yield better results than dealing with code that I only *wish* was there. Your mileage may vary.

Is the problem that I didn't comprehend dunbarx's sample code… or is the problem that *you* hallucinated a statement or three which were not actually present in said sample code? Yes, "hallucinated" is not a particularly congenial word in this context, but it's no more offensive than your "logically totally wrong" phrase. As the saying goes, "you don't start none, there won't be none."

"Bewitched" + "Charlie's Angels" - Charlie = "At Arm's Length"

Read the webcomic at [ http://www.atarmslength.net ]!

If you like "At Arm's Length", support it at [ http://www.patreon.com/DarkwingDude ].