Odd query results

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 15 21:04:00 EST 2016

They should be unique in the one table, not the many table.  So if I
understand what you're doing, you should have a table for locations, with
the id (unique), and the name.  Then in the devices table they will also
have an id, which is unique, but then it will also have a locationid, which
is not unique as it references the id in the locations table.  If you are
using unsigned for the location, then you will have to check IS NOT NULL()
or IS NULL() and use null for the cases where you haven't assigned a
location, yet (e.g. new records), and you could use 0 for out-of-service.