Extract iTunes Art in VB

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Dec 13 11:36:48 EST 2016

Using the “Controlling iTunes” lesson (http://lessons.livecode.com/m/2592/l/126614-controlling-itunes <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/2592/l/126614-controlling-itunes>), I am able to query iTunes and do everything I want.  On the Mac side, I was able to modify the appleScript to extract the album cover art for the currently playing song.  But, I’m having a heck of a time doing this for Windows (VB).  I added this:

Function getAlbumArt()
  Dim tAlbumArt
  tAlbumArt = ""
  getAlbumArt = cStr(iTunesApp.CurrentTrack.Artwork)
End Function

But, I don’t get anything back.

I’ve been fiddling with this for to long now!  Anyone know how to get the album cover art for the currently playing song in VB?

-Dan