[OT] mySQL Client

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:17:41 EST 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Bob Sneidar
<bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com> wrote:
> That is odd. I recently did that very thing. I started a transaction and then ran multiple updates in a repeat loop, then committed the transaction. Seemed like all the data ended up in the tables.

That sounds like you did NOT do the very same thing. If you used a
repeat loop it sounds like you were firing off updates one after the
other - lets say 100 updates were handled as 100 executions. The good
Dr is talking about COMPOUNDING all those 100 update statements into a
single LC revExecuteSQL statement and firing just one off. This works
for SQLite and postgreSQL but not mySQL.

Back to your original question; I've used both Navicat and Valentina
Studio (free version) with success. Years ago Valentina was less
stable and so I'd use Navicat if things went a bit flakey, but these
days I find the Valentina UI more intuitive and screen space efficient
so rarely every start up Navicat.