Start using remote stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Dec 12 14:42:42 EST 2016

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > Correction: I have to "go" before I can "start using". Like Mike
 > Bonner said. Hmph.

When I was first setting up my "streaming app" framework years ago I did
extensive testing with using a library downloaded from a server.

Ultimately the best I could come up with was to "go" to it invisibly,
then I could use "start using" with it.

Might be nice if "start using" also invoked the same unpacking that "go"
does so we could do this more directly, but with so many other things on
queue I didn't file an enhancement request for that.

 > Nothing works with script-only stacks.

IMO that would be a bug.  The design goal of script-only stacks is to
provide syntax compatibility with binary stacks, where the only
difference is the storage format.

Given that, it would seem reasonable that if you can download, go, and
then start using a binary stack as a library, you should be able to do
the same with a script-only stack.

Probably just and oversight, and I'd guess not hard to fix.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems