Any workaround to make a modal stack behave like we were used to?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Dec 12 04:33:55 EST 2016

On 2016-12-12 09:17, Malte Brill wrote:
> Ok, I have pinned this down. I created a new user and this did indeed
> not expose the problem. I then turned to my other user and disabled
> everything that is launched on startup. (Login items). Once I disabled
> Spotify in there it works as expected. What gives??? This is rather
> strange, but I blame spotify for this, however this should not affect
> the behaviour of other applications (in this case liveCode). Just
> tested, launching spotify manually also exposes the behaviour.

Indeed - it is strange - it also happens 'dynamically'... If you
temporarily run Spotify whilst LC is running and has a modal open, you
will see the effect for as long as Spotify is running.

It appears that Spotify is just a Chromium based app (i.e. it is
actually just a website built into an app); I wonder if they have put
some sort of 'hack' in to deal with limitations of Chromium.

In any case, something LC is doing with its own modals is interacting
badly - system modals (e.g. answer file etc.) seem to be unaffected; as
are a couple of other apps I tried.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps