AW: Installer software

Skip Kimpel skiplondon at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 19:01:28 CET 2016


+1

> On Dec 10, 2016, at 12:43 PM, Dave Kilroy <dave at applicationinsight.com> wrote:
> 
> Well when I was a Visual Studio guy if you wanted any sort of a decent
> installer you had to use 3rd party software
> 
> Making good Windows installers can be a big thing - and it used to be the
> market leader product for this (this is about 8 years ago now) was
> InstallShield and that was PRICEY! Like a couple of thousand pounds
> 
> There were and are of course many open source solutions such as Inno Setup
> ... but like I said earlier my particular favourite was Setup Builder...
> 
> Also, the typical scenario I came across was the devs would make something
> shiny and then expect the guys with the relevant experience to knock up the
> installer over the weekend - sometimes this was possible but often it
> wouldn't be depending on what functionality was needed
> 
> So no, I don't expect LiveCode to include an installer and would prefer
> Edinburgh spend time on developing other stuff instead
> 
> Kind regards
> 
> Dave
> 
> 
> 
> -----
> "The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
> Peter M. Brigham 
> --
> View this message in context: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Installer-software-tp4710946p4710983.html
> Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode



More information about the use-livecode mailing list