Saving data/settings

pink nabble at mad.pink
Wed Dec 7 10:14:28 EST 2016

I'm interested in learning how people save data and settings for
applications, especially on mobile devices.

The method I have been using is to create an invisible data stack and save
the data as custom properties. I like this the most because I tend to put
most of my data and settings into arrays, and this requires the least amount
of steps and no encoding to read and write.

Reading and writing to a text file also works, but does require some sort of
encoding and decoding to save arrays.

I've experimented a little bit with local database files. In particular I've
tried Andre Garzia's database library, and Livecloud's local database, both
of which are pretty nice.

I'm curious what everyone else uses, and what do you think are the pros and
cons of different methods?