Clone graphic does not respect dimensions

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Mon Dec 5 19:36:01 EST 2016

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote
> Hmm, I was under the impression that it was scripted using the
> "clone" command. I'd forgotten about option-drag...
>
> ...but that's also done with the pointer tool, not the graphic tool.
> So checking the tool would also exempt that case from auto-resizing
> small graphics.

I like the idea of checking the tool to allow cloning at sizes below 9 by 9
if it were not for the use case that copying/pasting a graphic smaller than
9 by 9 is possible while the graphic tool is active.
This is where checking for the tool would fail and the graphic would be
pasted at default dimensions.

This leaves changing the "newGraphic" handler wholesale (without considering
the tool) to values smaller than 9 by 9 e.g. smaller 6 by 6 to cover most
common use cases and still let the IDE prevent user mishaps by converting a
new graphic to default 120 by 120 if the newly created graphic is smaller
than 6 by 6.

Kind regards
Bernd