AW: Is there a mapping table for all rawKeyUp Codes? No solution yet with LC 8

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Dec 5 06:58:19 EST 2016

Since the keyup handler is broken, I am still trying to build a table for mapping the rawkeyup key to a char. When testing a prototype it seemed to be easy, but now there are some pitfalls I don't get over. On Mac OS X 10.11, German system, German keyboard I get with some different char the same keyname.

When putting the following code into a field:
*On rawkeyup keyname*
*put keyname*
*end rawkeyup*

e.g.
Entering shift + dot (":") I get the keyname: 58
Entering shift + ö ("Ö") I also get the keyname: 58

... and others...
How can I map these keynames back to the char?

Anttis kecode app shows for the first example the keycode 47 and for the second example 41. But that’s not what I get from rawkeyup.

And with Marks link to the source code I couldn't find a solution either. Because there is only a hex value table included.

Can anybody confirm these doubled codes from rawkeyup (with a German keyboard)?

I am stuck with LiveCode 8

Thanks for any ideas