live code seems to gratuitously unlock write permission for directories

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:01:09 EST 2016

Not sure I understand this but... You open a stack, and then try to change
the permissions of the directory that it resides in so that you then can't
save it?  Since the file is already open and "in use" i'm not sure its
actually possible to change the permissions under those circumstances.
 If you create a new folder (empty, or not) and change the permissions on
that one (with no open stack or file inside) does the change stick?
>>quote
livecode seems to be gratuitously unlocking directories.

I launch live code, and then "chmod -w" the directory of the stack.  On
quit, it restores write permission!

If I use shell (chmod -w someDir), it apparently unlocks it before
returning from shell!

I'm trying to put in a failsafe that prevents overwriting older files.  Do
I need to change the owner of the files for this???