Performance issues LC8 versus earlier versions.

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Aug 25 16:22:24 EDT 2016

> On 25 Aug 2016, at 5:49 PM, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:
>
> That is wonderful - thanks Monte.
> btw - I opened a bug report to keep track of it, and so you'd have somewhere to hang the change on to - 18254

FYI I have also added the length check to non-binary strings to speed up comparisons of those where their length is greater than 383 also.

It could still be that the team tells me I’ve overlooked something here but it certainly makes sense to me to check that something is feasibly a number before attempting to parse it into one...

Cheers

Monte