Targetting teachers

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 06:25:34 EDT 2016

Looking for something else I stumbled on this:

https://archive.org/details/ERIC_ED432257

"Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI) is, quite simply, an instance in
which instructional content activities are delivered via a computer.
Many commercially-available software programs, although excellent
programs, may not be acceptable for each individual teacher's classroom.
One way to insure that software is not only acceptable but also targets
a teacher's class in a specific way, is for instructors to design their
own software. The HyperCard authoring system is a computer program that
enables teachers, even those with minimal programming ability, to easily
design their own hypermedia software programs for use in individualized
situations. Teachers now have an easy method to teach, drill, remediate,
or even test individual classes or students by designing software that
targets these classes or individuals. This paper discusses setting up to
design or create a software program; designing the software; adding
buttons, fields and graphics to the stack/program; and scripting in
HyperCard. (Author/AEF)"

Now all that needs to be done is substitute 'Livecode' for 'Hypercard',
so I would really like to know:

1. Why that is not being pushed in a major way (articles in teaching
publications?).

2. There seems to be almost zero support from educational establishments
for teachers to take the time to get up to speed with this and develop
in-house stuff for subject delivery and reinforcement.

Mind you, I have never come across the word "remediate" in my life.

Richmond.